Thursday, March 31, 2011

Suffer

A time I knew I was going to suffer but went ahead with it anyway would be when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I knew I was going to suffer which is why I didn't want to do it, but I had to which made everything worse. The first time I went in for surgery I cried when they gave me the anesthesia I have no idea why but I did. This time when they gave it to me I laughed. My mom said that I fell asleep laughing at nothing which everyone found amusing. I woke up to the nurses trying to get my drugged brother to sit in a chair. I couldn't feel my face at all. And I sounded like I was a drunk person trying to talk. I remember going home and falling asleep for a while. I woke up in pain and my face looking like chipmunk that was eating. The doctor had given us pain pills. I didn't really want to take them because the last time I took  pain pills I ended up stuck in changing room in Reny's, but my mother made me take them. I knew I was going to suffer but I thought it would be for a couple of days. I was wrong, very wrong. It was a week. When it the pain did go away it came back. I didn't eat anything but yogurt and applesauce while my brother was eating 3 sausage on the night he had them done. It was bad enough I had to have my mother feed me and the spoon wouldn't fit in my mouth, but I had to sit there and watch my brother eat normal food. My face was still swollen when his was just fine. And if things weren't bad enough for me half of my mouth was still numb. I couldn't feel a thing for a month. It goes to show the luck I have. Slime to none. Then one side of the swelling went down and I looked like I had stored food in there for a snack for later. It turns out that when I went back to the doctors I had an infection and I couldn't open my mouth open all the way so I still couldn't most things. This time I didn't get pills I got some nasty mouthwash and a lecture from the doctor about not taking care of my mouth right which I thought was funny because I couldn't feel my face and I couldn't open my mouth right to be able to do anything, but that might have been the pills. The mouthwash made my mouth numb and everything tasted weird for 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment