Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dialectical journal

Quote/page#- Page 208 " In 25 years, I told myself, I'd be as old as she was now. I had no idea what my life would be like then, but as I gathered my schoolbooks and walked out the door, I swore to myself that  it would never be like mom's that I would not be crying my eyed out in an unheated shack in some godforsaken holler."
Response- I think this is significant because she is able to be around her parents and realize that it's not a good life. Because she wants to be different even though she was raised the way that she was. Even though her life could be total wreck in 25 years she was determined not to become her mother.

Observation- Mom buying "extravagent" things to feel rich - Page 197
By working on the wave Jeannette gets the whole story and not just what her parents think or their perspective - Page 205

Funny Moment- When Jeannette makes her own braces. It's a funny thing to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment